Adwords and SEO are the most important components of Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and are among your most worthy tools once you begin to run digital selling campaigns.
They have variations and similarities and there are square measure things that you just ought to use along or separately, depending on your business and selling goals.
What is Google AdWords?
Google Ads is an online advertising service developed by Google, where advertisers pay to display brief advertisements, service offerings, product listings, and video content within the Google ad network to web users. Google Ads system is based partly on cookies and partly on keywords determined by advertisers. Google uses these characteristics to place advertising copy on pages where they think it might be relevant. Advertisers pay when users divert their browsing to click on the advertising copy. Partner websites receive a portion of the generated income.
What is SEO?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of affecting the online visibility of a website or a web page in a web search engines unpaid results, often referred to as "natural", "organic", or "earned" results. In general, the earlier (or higher ranked on the search results page), and more frequently a website appears in the search results list, the higher number of visitors it will receive from the search engines users. These visitors can then be converted into customers. SEO may target different kinds of search, including image search, video search, academic search, news search, and industry-specific vertical searches. SEO differs from local search engine optimization in that the latter is focused on optimizing a business online presence so that its web pages will be displayed by search engines when a user enters a local search for its products or services. The former instead is more focused on national or international searches.
AdWords VS SEO
Now that you have a general idea of what is AdWords and SEO. let’s see how they compare:
- Adwords is for Google sites and websites that use Google Adsense while SEO principles are applicable to all search engines.
- Adwords traffic is paid while SEO traffic is free.
- Adwords ads appear on the top and bottom of Google Search Results, and under certain conditions, you can get one of those ad positions, but with SEO, you have to work much harder to get one of the top positions in the organic search results.
- Adwords is more immediate than SEO since you can create advertising campaigns almost instantly and start getting targeted traffic, while with SEO, you need a lot more time (especially for new websites) to get good rankings and traffic.
- With Adwords, it is easier to calculate the ROI, while with SEO, it is more difficult because there are a lot more factors that play a role and not just ad spending and revenue.
- When you stop your AdWords campaigns, traffic also stops, but once you start getting organic traffic with SEO, this will continue long term.
- With Adwords, you can target many keywords at the same time, while with SEO, you need to focus on a few keywords for best results.
- With Adwords, you can advertise on other Google websites and websites that use Google Adsense, but the results from SEO are only for the search results pages.
Which is the best for your marketing campaign?
New companies can start with AdWords. The biggest advantage of Adwords over SEO is that it can generate results faster. You will have to pay for each of the visits you get from AdWords, but if your campaigns are profitable, you can justify the investment in PPC and meet your business objectives.
Adwords is good for startups and new corporations that need to induce targeted traffic quickly for the aim of constructing sales, finding new customers or perhaps for testing their merchandise, procedures, website effectiveness and the other part in their sales or selling processes.
The above is valid in the event that you utilize AdWords admirably and painstakingly. It is anything but difficult to begin burning through cash on AdWords, and on the off chance that you do not have appropriate checking and control devices, you will wind up making misfortunes rather than benefits.
While the framework is anything but difficult to utilize in the event that you do not have the information and experience to run Adword Campaigns, spare your cash and contract proficient organizations (ideally Adwords Partners) to do it for you.
This is the best methodology with the goal that you do not lose cash yet get the advantage from the utilization of Adwords.
Let not forget about SEO.
While it may be a smart plan to start out with Adwords as a result of its quicker performance, you must conjointly begin operating with SEO, content promoting and social media for best results. These three tools square measure all you would like for long run on-line successes.
Content promoting can assist you in producing the proper content, SEO can assist you in optimizing your content for search engines and obtain a lot of organic traffic, and social media can promote your SEO optimized content to a wider audience.
So, which is the best to use for marketing, SEO or Adwords?
The answer is easy, both. Use Adwords to start out obtaining traffic and side by side work on your SEO, content promoting set up and social media campaigns in order that you get organic traffic and visits from social networks.