TIMEOUT 72 is a 3-day, multi-genre music festival that takes place in Vagator, Goa. The first edition of the festival was headlined by massive international acts, namely, Jason Derulo, Martin Garrix, Wiz Khalifa.
One of the biggest challenges was that TIMEOUT 72 was a debut festival. This created some hurdles we had to overcome along the way.
A few of them were:
- Credibility - we had to convince the masses that the festival was a credible one.
- Distinction - we had to create a distinction between TIMEOUT 72 and other competing properties such as Sunburn & Vh1 Supersonic.
- Brand awareness was priority - Our focus was not the sales, but the branding aspect. We made sure that our audience knew exactly what the festival represented: a unique experience for 72 hours.
- Reaching the right people - While we wanted to garner as big an audience as we could, we also kept the niche intact, as the festival was not like other musical events that take place in the country. It was a luxury festival with the biggest international artists. We made sure to maintain that distinction.
- Creating not just an event, but the whole experience - From the production to the music, TIMEOUT 72 took place on a massive scale. To highlight every aspect of it, we created a world of TIMEOUT 72 on our digital platforms. From the designs to capturing every aspect, it was seen as a cohesive experience rather than just another music festival.
- Covering it live - We made sure every artist, activity and experience was captured on social media. From creating real-time content (stories, etc) to getting interview clips and shoutouts from the artists (including headliner Martin Garrix), the excitement generated was one of the contributing factors to the footfall of the 30,000 people at the event.
- We’ve gained over 11,000 faithful fans on Instagram, over 1 lakh fans on Facebook.
- Our mainstage introduction video reached over 8 lakh people.
- We even conducted a Facebook Live interview with the artists (Shaan, Lost Stories, Raja Kumari) where fans had the chance to ask questions in real-time.
- During the event days, TIMEOUT 72 was amongst the top trends on SnapChat (organically).
- Prior to the event, #TimeOut72 was one of the top trends on Twitter (organically).